Thursday, June 3, 2010

Weight Loss And The Toddler

Or ...."How Does One Exercise With A Toddler"

I started a new challenge this week. I'm always up for a little friendly competition (just the testosterone speaking). On June 1, I joined 13 other women to see who could lose the most pounds, the most inches, and who could exercise the most in a 3 month period.

I figured that this would be a little difficult with it being summer and the Ice Cream Man coming by every Thursday night and sometimes on Sundays. But with that "fat person" swimsuit starting to show its age, and a new one in my future, I figured I could do it!

What I didn't anticipate was the big huge road block named Little R! Obviously I can't exercise with him around as he will just want to "tackle" me or jump on my back. So, June 1 I made the decision to work-out with my "Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred" DVD (brand new never been used) while Little R napped. "FAIL" I have no idea where I've put the DVD. So, that naptime was wasted looking for a DVD that has literally disappeared.

I decided that we would go for a walk after the nap. Nope. Little R says that he is a big boy and refuses to ride in his stroller. Then, as we are potty training, we go 2 houses away and have to hurry home for the potty.

June 2 came, another nap wasted looking for that DVD. I'd say the dog ate it, but I don't have a dog. Oh well, I'll work-out after he goes down for the night. "FAIL" again. I was too tired and in bed an hour after he was.

June 3 (today!) I came to the decision that I WILL not waste time on that DVD. It's gone. I'll see it again when I'm a size 10 and can see my toes. Instead, I'll go high tech and work out with my Wii Fit.

They say that the best of intentions...yada yada yada.... Of course, Little R didn't nap. So another day is done and I still haven't exercised. At least I can say that I resisted the siren call of the Ice Cream Man.

Maybe tomorrow I'll hire a babysitter while I work-out. Hey Big Sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment